DepartmentPublic SectorMinimum experience
Mid-SeniorCompany primary industrySecurity and InvestigationsJob functional area
JOB TITLE: Systems Administrator
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Include management and leadership responsibilities for work team leaders.
- Support all server infrastructure and applications for the different server environments.
- Support cloud platforms including but not limited to of the company 365, Microsoft mobility and security stack, and Microsoft hosted infrastructure and application platforms.
- Assist in the design, build and deployment of Microsoft cloud security solutions.
- Research and recommend, enhancements to the security posture of the operational environment, based on leading industry practices.
- Implement security controls and threat protection, manage identity and access, and protect data, applications, and networks using Microsoft Cloud Security tools.
- Provide second- and third-line technical support to IT staff and service desk.
- Perform application deployment, service upgrades and patch management for all environments.
- Monitor service availability and troubleshoot system issues to support the ICT hosting environment and general operations within the THE COMPANY.
- Support and maintain the Business continuity and recovery environments.
- Create clear and concise documentation to formalise work stream processes.
- Comply with all relevant policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Contribute and complete IT Operational projects as needed.
- Document issues & track progress in ticketing system.
- Maintain system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning.
- Daily service availability monitoring for availability and performance monitoring
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- ICT relevant qualification (NQF Level 5_ or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT systems and/or infrastructure, supporting enterprisescale security solutions.
- Min 2 years’ experience in supporting Microsoft 365 and related services.
Any two of the following Microsoft Certified Certifications or related certifications (Microsoft Associate Level) are required:
- o Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator
- o Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator
- o Microsoft Certified: Enterprise Administrator
- o Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
- o Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate
- ITIL Foundation.
- Excellent understanding of Intune and all security blades, including Defender, Threat Protection and latest Microsoft E5 Security Product set.