Responsible for performing a wide variety of clerical and receptionist duties. Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors. Records and relays messages to appropriate personnel. Provides administrative information to Company personnel and performs miscellaneous support functions as assigned. Projects the Company’s professional image.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for effectively handling and managing the switcboard.
a. Operates the switchboard and console to connect, hold, transfer all incoming calls.
b. Ensures that all incoming calls, questions and complaints are resolved in a timely manner by channeling calls to the responsible persons / departments
c. Provides general information to clients before transferring calls
2. Managing the telephone management system
a. Ensures smooth running of the PABX system
b. Provides management reports on daily, weekly, and monthly basis, w.r.t. to call statistics
c. Updates management system by programming it with new information and changes as it occurs inside the company. No more than 2 days after being informed of such changes.
3. Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of assigned receptionist and clerical functions.
a. Receives and screens telephone calls. Answers routine questions or directs them to appropriate personnel. Records and relays messages.
b. Performs various typing tasks including correspondence, approvals, and miscellaneous documents required for account processing.
c. Completes weekly department ordering functions.
d. Receives, opens, and distributes mail daily.
e. Maintains Department files.
f. All aspects of the Promotions co-ordination, esp with regards to booking of the promo courts in the centre and managing the payments thereof
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective business relations with clients, vendors, and trade professionals.
a. Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
b. Maintains the Company’s professional reputation.
5. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relations with Company personnel and management.
a. Assists and supports department personnel.
b. Coordinates activities with related departments and obtains or conveys information as needed.
c. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
d. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
6. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
b. Completes special projects as assigned.
7. Assumes responsibility for handling mail, courier and banking tasks
a. Open sort and deal with incoming mail
b. Plan correct route for courier on daily basis
c. Coordinate with driver w.r.t children’s extra mural activities
d. Deposit book to be checked on a daily basis
1. Calls and inquiries are courteously and professionally handled or referred. Professional relations exist with all contacts.
2. Account processing and assigned clerical functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures. Typing is neat, accurate, and promptly completed.