About The Job
The brand manager contributes towards the Sanofi “Play to Win” ambition by developing a robust portfolio and brand strategy. The brand manager achieves brand performance by leveraging data to deeply understand and change the behaviour of the prioritised segments. The brand manager applies all relevant aspects of the Winning Way of Marketing to adopt and amplify proven marketing approaches like brand positioning, customer journeys and tactics to create memorable omnichannel brand experience. Works collaboratively with and leads the cross-functional team and builds strong agency partnerships to deliver best in class brand experiences.
- Keeps abreast of new ways of connecting with people to understand their habits/motivations better, including patients, HCP’s funders, sales force & external partners.
- Key customer and opinion leader Relationship Management to enhance deeper understanding of market trends
- Together with the cross-functional team, develops powerful insights for brands using multiple data sources and applies these across the marketing mix.
- Leads the cross-functional team towards the completion of the integrated brand plans leveraging deep understanding of the customer experience journey.
- Intervenes in the in the ‘moments that matter’ to deliver memorable brand experiences and impact behaviour change.
- Makes deeply considered choices on ‘where to play’ by identifying and prioritising opportunities, including growth, expansion & segmentation
- Develops clear brand positioning and content plans to deliver strong point of difference vs. competitors.
- Prioritises segments based on their growth potential and ability to win and clearly defines behavioural objectives.
- Deliver localised omnichannel plans and campaigns based on prioritised segments and personas.
- Creates an integrated and engaging omnichannel strategy with an optimum channel mix that addresses triggers and barriers along the customer experience journey the delivers the required behaviour change to drive brand objectives
- Ensures the strategic alignment of the financial forecast to the opportunities identified in situation analysis including long range volume, value, and pricing forecasting.
- Continuous forecasting, tracking and management of key performance metrics: sales volume, sales value, market share, pricing, A&P, channel touchpoints and content quality against local brand goals
- Quantifying brand growth whilst identifying any potential upside/risk.
- Delivering sustained value and growth by actively managing the portfolio and life cycle of existing / new brands and products from pre-launch to post patent expiry
- Provides clear and motivating written creative challenge briefs to inspire agency partners to create award winning, cut through big ideas and disruptive campaigns and channel relevant tactics.
- Adopts and localises relevant global brand assets and tools to improve ways of working and efficiency including DAM, TAG and Brand & Customer Planning tools.
- Ensures that the implementation activities are cascaded and shared with the cross-functional teams with clear KPIs.
- Design the Rep orchestration plan per channel and tactic and ensure sales force is adequately trained to deliver campaign messaging.
- Leverages multiple data sources and real time analytics to continuously evaluate and optimize the performance of brand campaigns, ideas, assets, and content against agreed metrics.
- Agile management and evaluation of KPI’s with loopback into omnichannel campaigns including sales, market share, pricing, BOI, Opex, channel and content KPI’s.
- Ensures compliance to guidelines, processes and timelines including omnichannel, Marketing Code, Veeva Promo Mats, My Comet, Digital and PV.
- Takes responsibility for upskilling against the Marketing excellence skills outcomes
- Adoption of transformation, MEX and digital frameworks and play to win objectives
- Marketing/Science/Health Degree with post graduate degree in Business or Marketing
- 3-5 years product/brand management experience, diabetes experience preferable
- Pre-launch and launch experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Cross-function team-player, cultivates personal networks in different parts of the organization
- Ability to work independently and transversally
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Effective strategic planning abilities
- Exhibits creative, analytical and critical thinking
- Results orientated with ability to meet deadlines and handle challenging assignments
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under stressful, pressurized context at times
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong self-management and ability to work and make decisions independently. Directs issues appropriately when unable to resolve them within own area of responsibility
- Takes accountability
- Financial acumen, with P&L understanding
- Good Business & Commercial Acumen
- Ability to analyse and forecast 3-year sales projections with Supply Chain, that drives the financial forecast
- Organizes work according to project and time management principles and processes
PLAY TO WIN BEHAVIORS
- Push to go beyond the level we have operated until now :
constantly challenge the status quo focusing on the priorities that will deliver the best outcomes and letting go what won’t: be intolerant to mediocracy, believe we can and must do better and aim at higher but never at the expenses of our values and judgment
- Put the interest of the organization ahead of own of those of his her team :
consider both short and long term impact of decisions ; puts collective and global goals above individual or local goals; share resources and capabilities with those with the greatest need and impact; enable decision making at appropriate level
- Act in the interest of our patients and customers:
actively engage with customers to know their current and future needs; brings an external perspective into decisions
- Take action and don’t wait to be told what to do:
take smart and informed best bets with the information at hand and anticipate the consequences of her/his actions; use personal judgement and others’ advice to make bold and impactful decisions which move us forward
Sanofi IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER If you are interested in applying for this vacancy and you are confident that you meet the criteria set out in the advertisement kindly click on the link below