Media24, part of the Naspers Group, touches the lives of millions of consumers every day through our online and print media, book publishing, online services and eCommerce platforms. We are looking for a Returns Manager for the Contract Logistics division based in Eastport, reporting to the DC Manager.
This individual will be responsible for managing the process of returns stock and verify that all stock received is correct and stored optimally. They will further be required to optimise processes as it relates to order fulfillment by ensuring that the necessary SOPs are followed in meeting business objectives.
- Plan the daily receiving schedule & resources;
- Prepare all documentation for deliveries into the distribution centre;
- Oversee the receipt of stock, and confirmation of delivery;
- Ensure that actual goods delivered match delivery notes/invoices;
- Ensure that inventory is allocated to the correct warehouse;
- Handle deviations according to the SOP;
- Monitor team performance, providing feedback on errors, and assist with problems;
- Establishing a good working relationship with the Account manager to ensure SLA’s are met;
- Continuously explore ways to improve quality and productivity within the receiving process;
- Supervise, develop, lead and maintain a motivated and high-performance team;
- Report on operations as required to assist with management decision-making.
- Ensure compliance with the team for company and safety procedures, policies and regulations;
- Participate in Ad hoc special projects and requests, monitoring progress, dealing with other problems as they arise;
- Identify problems and opportunities in the receiving area, escalating where appropriate;
- Contribute to the creation of the SOP’s, updating and keeping relevant;
- Manage and control all resources within your own area of operational responsibility;
- Complete monthly reports
- Conduct and attend daily production meetings
- Order any services and goods as required, ensuring optimal function of receiving;
- Perform problem-solving and troubleshooting as required.
- Monitor operational efficiencies and drive continuous improvements to increase efficiencies and reduce the time from receiving to handing over for put-away
- Manage costs and perform regular reviews of processes to reduce the total cost of operation.
- Implement and control best practise solution for receiving and processing returned items.
Skills and competencies
- Decision Making
- Planning and organising
- Financial planning and control
- Qualification in BCom Logistics or similar
- At least 6 years experience in a warehousing/ Logistics environment with at least 5 years experience in a similar position
- Sound knowledge of the eCommerce industry
- Proficient in the relevant software packages and applications
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation in health and safety