Creditors Clerk (Accounts Payable)

Job Description

The main purpose of the position is to do the overall Creditors Clerk (Accounts payable) functions.

Key Performance Areas:

CREDITORS

  • Receiving of invoices & statements from Branch / Vendors
  • Ensuring all documentation meet the criteria / authorized by Director / Branch manager / Administrator with Delegation of Authority
  • To assist / sort out vendor queries
  • Preparation of creditors invoices, ensuring documentation meets criteria
  • Only release cheques once the 30 day or 60 day agreed term was reached
  • Capturing of invoices before month end deadlines
  • Reconciliation of creditor’s accounts & present cheques for signature. Only release cheques once 30 days /60 days agreed terms are reached
  • Ensuring that deposit slips are done, and cheques are attached & sent to bank
  • All filling of recons & deposit slips & captured documentation to be done frequently
  • Liaise with branch managers in order to settle all account to reach deadline
  • Liaise with regional accountant regularly.
  • Compiling of accrual list for Regional Accountant on a monthly basis
  • Assisting regional accountant with queries regarding vendors
  • Ensure that all vendors accounts are in order

SUB CONTRACTORS

  • Receiving of invoices & statements
  • Ensuring all documentation meets the criteria & to process in voices on SAP
  • Completing / compiling schedules get completed accurately
  • Sort out any discrepancy with regards to revenue
  • Report any revenue incorrectly billed
  • Creating proposal of in order to create cheques on SAP
  • Present cheques for signature
  • Ensuring that deposit slips are done, and cheques send to bank
  • Assisting regional accountant with queries regarding vendors
  • Ensuring first payment of 80 % s made on the 25th of each moth and the remaining 20 % the 10th of the following month
  • Ensuring all captured documentation /recons /deposit slips are filled on a frequent basis

QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:

  • Sound working knowledge of SAP
  • Proficiency in MS WORD and especially EXCEL is essential
  • Numerical accuracy and high methodical working methods are required
  • Strong interpersonal and communication skills
  • Ability to liaise professionally with clients and personal at all levels
  • Ability to work without supervision, under pressure and meet strict deadlines
  • At least 3 years relevant experience in credit control.

We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.

Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Disabled Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.

Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.

Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.